21 May Tipi Wedding & Event Floor Plans with round tables
Round tables remain a popular choice for weddings. They have a different feel to long tables and enable more people to be seated at one table.
So why consider round tables, and how do they work with the space within tipis?
- More traditional wedding feel
- Guests can easily see each person seated at their table
- More space on the table for formal place settings and glassware
- More space on the table for shared food and platters
- More space on the table for table decorations
- Seating capacity in the tipis is reduced
- Round tables take up more space
- Tables can only be set up within the tipi, not the connecting spaces
- Require table cloths
- Less easy to move (if required) for the evening entertainment.
- More difficult to have conversations with other guests seated further away – seating plans will be more important.
HOW MANY TABLES CAN YOU FIT IN THE TIPIS?
2 TIPIS: 60 – 90 GUESTS
We recommend 6 round tables in one tipi but it is possible to have 7 round tables in one tipi. If you need to place round tables in the second tipi, we recommend using an Extension Kit to create more space and enable the dance floor to be set further back.
3 TIPIS: 120 – 130 GUESTS
The more floor space you are giving to tables, the less floor space available for your guests to move around and mingle, which is why we recommend 120 guests or 130 as a maximum within 3 tipis.
Three tipis can be in a line or triangle formation, although it’s worth noting that the floor area is slightly larger when they are arranged in a triangle due to how they connect
4 TIPIS: 120 – 180 GUESTS
The space is yours to use how you choose. Some people choose to use 2 of their 4 tipis for seating and the 2 for drinking and dancing or to accommodate additional evening guests.
Others will use 3 tipis for seating and one for the entertainment. If you are doing this, we recommend limiting each tipi to 6 tables so guests still have room to move about and mingle.
We can also create tipi venues with 5, 6 or 7 tipis so get in touch to discuss your requirements.
WHAT SIZE OF ROUND TABLE DO WE USE?
Cotswold Tipis use 5ft 6 diameter round tables to seat 10 people, though they are often used to seat 9-11 people.
OPTIONS FOR CREATING MORE SPACE
ALL WEATHER EXTENSION
Create more floor space with our side extension kit. This creates a PVC window panel where the tipi side is lifted, letting natural light floor in and giving you 28% more usable floor space.
Move the bar or chill out seating outside with our gorgeous Mini Tipi. It comes as part of a Receptions Drinks Mini Tipi, including bar and seating, or hire it by itself and create your own space.